The Work Cash for Work program has broken the geographical and social isolation, which was the biggest factor of extreme poverty in Ama'emah area in the District of Mawiyah - Taiz Governorate. This SFD program has created and paved a rural road project to facilitate the 2,500 villagers' movement to the markets and health centers outside their area and to improve their economic and social life, especially in light of the harsh conflict-torn Yemen and Taiz. The SFD created temporary employments to 340 heads of the poorest households.
Before this project, the animals were the best means of transport for people and basic goods to and from the area. The project has alleviated burdens of women in particular, as they had been carrying flour, cement and water on their heads.
The workers in this project have created a 5 kilometer-long and 3.5 metre-wide road, including the stone pavement of 2,100 meters long.
- 2020-06-10Two trainings concluded for safety and complaints 2020-05-17SFD volunteers making anti COVID-19 garments 2020-04-15Tamkeen initiative producing anti-COVID19 masks 2020-03-15Rainwater harvesting cisterns address water shortage in mountain areas
- 2019-08-05Cast your opinion on SFD youth program 2019-07-15SFD marking the establishment of YLF 2019-07-14Fruits of SFD work during conflict got harvested 2019-01-14A rural women protection project in Hadramout launched
- 2017-12-25Communities of Almiisrakh celebrate development events 2017-07-25SFD helps reduce war-accrued damage to the Taiz-based Al-Awael Microfinance Company 2017-01-18Early recovery projects restored stability in Alaqamah in Taiz
- 2016-10-23Emergency and sustainable CfW response targets 291 poor families in Al-Tuhayta
- 2015-04-05Equal access to MF opportunities makes careers a success 2015-03-24We benefited from the service of project itself and the money we gained from our work in it 2015-03-17The Social Fund Remains a Development Pioneer for Us and for All Organizations 2015-03-11Rooftop harvested water––an effective solution to water poverty on the mountaintops 2015-03-10Bani Ans experiencing significant development change 2015-03-03Story of the first woman contractor in Bora' 2015-01-14CLTS contributes to improving villagers’ health and life